ELEV8 Girls Field Training Camp
The 2017 ELEV8 Girls Field Training Camp is open to female participants in grades eight through twelve as of September 1, 2017.
In this camp, female student-athletes are presented with the most leading-edge women’s field lacrosse coaching available in Canada. Players will experience an enjoyable and safe time together in a professional, well-organized, and structured setting while participating in an energetic, fun, and competitive environment, and develop the necessary skills and knowledge to help grow their understanding of Women’s Field Lacrosse and advance their level of play.
Camp direction and instruction from current Towson University Head Coach Sonya LaMonica (All-American & 2-Time NCAA Champion, Team Australia, FIL World Champion 2005) and Mike LaMonica (Towson University Assistant Coach, Team Australia Assistant Coach 2013) and current and former NCAA and Collegiate players.
- NCAA Expectations
- Individual player development from NCAA Coaches and Players
- Fundamental stick skills (shooting, passing and catching in traffic, ball protection, ground balls)
- Individual offensive and defensive skills (body position, checking, shooting, dodging)
- Team offensive and defensive systems
- Transition fundamentals
- Individual goalie coaching (positioning, defensive, and transition)
- Game experience in a fun and competitive environment
- ELEV8 camp pinnie.
- Photos will be taken and posted on social media so parents can stay updated.
WHat to bring
- Full Field Lacrosse Equipment
- Water Bottle
- Bug Spray
PAST INSTRUCTORS INCLUDE
- Sonya LaMonica (Head Coach - Towson University, All-American & 2-Time NCAA Champion, Team Australia, FIL World Champion 2005)
- Danielle Spencer (Asst. Coach - Northwestern University, 3x NCAA Div I Champion, 2x NCAA All-American, Northwestern University, USA National Team Member)
- Mike LaMonica (Asst. Coach – Towson University, Asst. Coach Team Australia 2013, New Jersey Pride, Denver Outlaws, San Francisco Dragons)
- Meghan Chase (Lindenwood University ‘14)
- Megan Oosting (Team Canada, Canisius College '15)
- Emily Fagan (Seton Hill University ’16)
- Bob Snider (Calgary Roughnecks, Bellarmine University '09)
- Dan Taylor (Saskatchewan Rush, Lehigh University '15)
AGE GROUPS :
Rising 8th - 12th grade players
*Age group is determined by the grade enrolled in for September 1, 2017
9:00 am to 3:30 pm
July 25 - July 27, 2017
June 15, 2017
Optimist Athletic Park
5020 - 26th Avenue SW