Over the past decade ELEV8 Lacrosse has designed and developed the highest quality camps, clinics, programs, travel teams, coaching, and team environments to best cater to the growth and evolution of lacrosse and its participants. Programs have provided elements that foster confidence, community values, leadership skills, accountability, personal growth in the classroom and athletics, and opportunities to further develop players as citizens, students, athletes, and as the next generation of leaders.
In 1992, ELEV8 President Geoff Snider was introduced to the sport of Lacrosse at Captain John Palliser Elementary School in his 5th grade gym class, taught by Mrs. Grant. At that moment, Geoff fell in love with the sport of Lacrosse and registered with the Crowchild Lacrosse Association the following Spring. This introduction to the sport initiated a very dynamic athletic career, contrasting both lacrosse and hockey as Geoff grew up. Following suit was younger brother, and ELEV8 VP of Operations and Player Development, Bob Snider. Together, they have combined for 5 Minto Cups, 1 MLL Title, 2 World Championships, and the creation and growth of Canada’s leading lacrosse development company.
The Classroom Lacrosse program introduces the sport of lacrosse to students while educating them on the history of the sport in Canada and North America.
CLASSROOM Lacrosse Recap
- 32,935 Students participated in the program
- 86 schools visited
We teach and demonstrate the basic skills of lacrosse in a fun, energizing and engaging environment. Our qualified coaching staff, whom have NCAA, NLL, MLL, and International playing and coaching experience from the Calgary Roughnecks and Saskatchewan Rush, are passionate and supportive mentors.
CLASSROOM Lacrosse Features
Students will acquire lacrosse skills through a variety of developmentally appropriate movement activities in a varied environment while experiencing the health benefits that result from physical activity.
ELEV8 CLASSROOM encourages students to interact positively with others while demonstrating etiquette and fair play. Beyond lacrosse, the physical components also focus on skills such as running, jumping, throwing and catching, which are fundamental to any sport.
- Physical Literacy covering A, B, and C’s (agility, balance, and coordination)
- Fundamental movement skills corresponding to the different stages of the Long-Term Athlete Development in a variety of environments
- Introducing proper lacrosse mechanics including passing, catching, throwing, scooping and cradling
- Discovering movements for dodging, shooting, passing, and ground ball (trapping) mechanics.
- Developing enhanced hand-eye coordination.
- Team oriented situations and sportsmanship that encourage cooperation by interacting positively with others, fair play, and leadership
- Creating a desire to participate through active and engaging activities.
- Educational aspects such as history, geography, mathematics, science, health sciences, art/design, and religious components.
ELEV8 Lacrosse is fully equipped to provide the necessary lacrosse equipment (real lacrosse sticks, soft balls) to single classes and instruct in an indoor gym or outdoor setting (early fall | spring).
We are pleased to service larger classes when needed, we also provide all equipment to your school at no additional charge.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403.479.4307
FULL DAY PROGRAM PACKAGE
$510 + GST (Sept 2019 – June 2020)
- Single Classes up to 30 Students
- Please inquire for pricing on class sizes larger than 30
- Professional coaching staff and instructors.
- All equipment provided including real lacrosse sticks and soft lacrosse balls.
- Minimum two dates required per booking
Please call (403) 479-4307 for date availability.
All prices in Canadian Dollars – please add 5% GST
Mileage & additional charges may apply outside Calgary city limits
- Geoff Snider – Founder and CEO, ELEV8 Lacrosse
- 9 Years NLL, 9 Years MLL, Team Canada Player and U19 Coach
- Bob Snider (Vancouver Warriors, Team Canada)
- Dan Taylor (Lehigh University, Calgary Roughnecks, Maple Ridge Burrards)
- Kyle Burrell (Concordia Wisconsin University, Calgary Sr. B Mountaineers)
- Merritt Bailey (Seton Hill University)
- Geoff Snider (9 Years NLL, 9 Years MLL, Team Canada Player and U19 Coach)
CLASSROOM LACROSSE Booking REQUEST FORM
Upon successful submission of your request form ELEV8 Lacrosse will contact you to confirm dates, subject to availability. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 403.479.4307.