ELEV8 WINTER TRAINING
ELEV8 Lacrosse Winter Training is a focused, four-month program, providing the highest level of indoor lacrosse instruction and dry-land training in North America. The goal of the program is to maximize skill development, character development, and establish goal setting practices to best prepare male and female lacrosse players to make the jump to the next level; ultimately becoming better athletes, competitors, and citizens.
- Individual player development from NLL, NCAA and FIL Coaches and Players
- Fundamental stick skills (shooting, passing and catching in traffic, ball protection, ground ball
- Individual offensive and defensive skills (body position, checking, shooting, dodging)
- Team offensive and defensive systems
- Transition fundamentals
- Individual goalie coaching (footwork, angles, positioning, defensive, and transition)
- Game experience in a fun and competitive environment
Our high-level professional, NLL, NCAA and FIL trained coaches work directly with student-athletes of all abilities through a focused, comprehensive and distinct ELEV8 curriculum, which includes high-paced, high-energy drills in a game like tempo.
- Student athletes should register in the appropriate age group they intend on participating in 2021 box lacrosse season.
- Unsure which age group to register in? Click Here
- Dates and times are subject to change based on NLL schedule and facility availability
BOYS PROGRAM STRUCTURE
On-floor sessions are divided by gender and into Elite and Developmental groups to best provide student-athletes with the environment to succeed as an individual.
The Elite group is designated for student-athletes who have previously played “A” box level lacrosse. The Developmental Group is designated for student-athletes who have yet to play “A” box level lacrosse.
Each Peewee to Junior on-floor group will train two sessions per week; High Performance group will train two sessions per week. This very focused program is for committed lacrosse players and student-athletes whom are motivated to continue their development in pursuit of their lacrosse, academic, and personal goals.
GIRLS HYBRID PROGRAM STRUCTURE
ELEV8 Lacrosse takes a unique and pioneering approach to girls lacrosse development. As the sport of girls lacrosse grows, it is important to include the box lacrosse and field lacrosse disciplines within development.
Female Winter Training participants will be coached in a box lacrosse environment, with box lacrosse systems, theory, and strategy while using field lacrosse equipment and modified rules for competitive settings.
We are excited about this new direction, giving female players the opportunity to develop in an environment unique to their discipline while using their field lacrosse equipment and preserving the box lacrosse characteristics which make Canadians the best lacrosse players in the world.
This direction within our development model will teach box lacrosse theory and systems while significantly increasing stick skill development with the utilization of girls field lacrosse sticks.
HIGH PERFORMANCE TRAINING
Optional high performance programming is administered by WinSport strength coaches utilizing program direction from the Canadian Sport Institute and Olympic Strength Coaches and program directors. Student-athletes are challenged to learn, develop, and grow under the most diverse strength coaching model in the best training facility in Canada.
Each high performance group will train two days per week in a very focused and intense training environment. This environment will focus on developing elite level training habits, a commitment to athletic development, mechanical development, and athletic training accountability.
All sessions will take place in the most technologically advanced training environment in Canada with Olympic level guidance, instruction, and leadership.
- Professional leading-edge innovative box lacrosse coaching
- Custom ELEV8 Training Apparel including, shirt, shorts and socks
- Olympic and Pro Strength coaches
- Premium Training Facilities
WHAT TO BRING
- Full BOX Lacrosse Equipment – Boys
- Full FIELD Lacrosse Equipment – Girls including Cascade LX head gear. (Please inquire)
- Water Bottle
WINTER TRAINING DETAILS
AGE GROUP :
8U | 7 to 8 yrs
10U | 9 to 10 yrs
December | January | February | March
One Night per Week
12U | 11 to 12 yrs
14U | 13 to 14 yrs
17U | 15 to 17 yrs
21U | 18 to 21 yrs
December | January | February | March
On-floor Lacrosse Training: Two Nights per week
Elite and Developmental
OPTIONAL HIGH PERFORMANCE COST:
OCTOBER 1 2020
- Geoff Snider, Founder & CEO ELEV8 Lacrosse
- Team Canada Player and U19 Coach ; 9 Years National Lacrosse League and 9 years Major Lacrosse League experience, two time World Lacrosse Champion
PAST INSTRUCTORS INCLUDE
- Geoff Snider (9 Years NLL, 9 Years MLL, Team Canada Player and U19 Coach)
- Bob Snider (Vancouver Warriors, Team Canada)
- Curtis Dickson (Calgary Roughnecks, Team Canada)
- Dan Taylor (Calgary Roughnecks, Denver Outlaws)
- Wes Berg (Calgary Roughnecks, Team Canada)
- Andrew McBride (13 years NLL – Calgary Roughnecks)
- Garrett McIntosh (San Diego Seals)
- Dan MacRae (New York Riptide, Victoria Shamrocks)
- Tyson Bell (Calgary Roughnecks)
- Jeff Shattler (Saskatchewan Rush)
- Dane Dobbie (Calgary Roughnecks)
- Scott Carnegie (Calgary Roughnecks)
- Tor Reinholdt (San Diego Seals)
- Travis Cornwall (Vancouver Stealth)
- Adam Schute (Saskatchewan Rush – Goaltender)
Calgary Soccer Centre
7000 – 48th Avenue SE
Optional Dryland Training
88 Olympic Road SW