ELEV8 Scoop is ELEV8’s newest program! The program focuses on teaching basic fundamental lacrosse skills in an ideal learning environment for aspiring young lacrosse players. The program focuses on building players’ confidence utilizing an innovative curriculum in a positive and unique way through drills, games, and activities while having fun, learning basic lacrosse skills, and new concepts or refining skills to take players to the next level.
ELEV8 Scoop is instructed by enthusiastic, professional coaches with a passion for lacrosse! Coaching Staff are trained on ELEV8’s exclusive curriculum and are vulnerable sector and background checked.
Perfect for players looking to try the game for the first time or return to practice some more!
A fun, dynamic and energetic program focused on introducing basic lacrosse skills, new concepts and refining skills to take players to the next level.
ELEV8 Scoop focuses on fun and playing lacrosse with your friends!
Bring your helmet, gloves and indoor running shoes, we’ll share our Warrior EVO Junior warp sticks or you can use your own.
ELEV8 SCOOP CURRICULUM
WEEK 1 | CRADLING & GROUNDBALLS
- Fundamental stick skills and cradling mechanics
- Sustain ball control at varying speeds
- Develop fundamental groundball technique
WEEK 2 | PASSING & CATCHING
- Learn correct hand placement and passing/catching mechanics
- Practice communication with teammates on the floor
WEEK 3 | SHOOTING
- Learn footwork, aiming and follow through
- Practice both stationary shooting and shooting while moving
WEEK 4 | DODGING & DEFENSE
- Practice various dodging (face, roll, jab)
- Learn ball protection technique
- Learn proper defensive positioning and terminology
WEEK 5 | DEFENSIVE & OFFENSIVE SYSTEMS
- Team offensive and defensive systems (two-man game, three-man game, team offense, and defense).
WEEK 6 | REVIEW SKILLS & GAMES
- Review and practice all skills
- ELEV8 Scoop Shooter Shirt
WHAT TO BRING
- Hockey or Lacrosse Helmet
- Hockey or Lacrosse Gloves
- Wear appropriate clothing (T-shirt & shorts) and non-marking running shoes
- Water Bottle
Geoff Snider – Founder and CEO, ELEV8 Lacrosse
- 9 Years NLL, 9 Years MLL, Team Canada Player and U19 Coach
Bob Snider (Vancouver Warriors, Team Canada)
Dan Taylor (Calgary Roughnecks, Lehigh University)
Brett Craig (Colorado Mammoth, Seton Hill ’19)
Kyle Burrell (Concordia University Wisconsin ’14)
Merritt Bailey (Seton Hill University ’18)
5 – 9 yrs
Wednesdays, Sept 16 – Oct 21
Shouldice Athletic Park – Field 2 (Weeks 1 – 3)
Bob Niven Centre – Winsport Canada (Weeks 4 – 6)
5:00 – 6:00 pm
January 27, 2020
Shouldice Athletic Park
1515 Home Road NW,
Weeks 1 – 3
Bob Niven Training Centre
140 Canada Olympic Road SW,
Weeks 4 – 6